Friday 30 November 2018

Favourite memory of Primary school

I am Year 8 and I am now coming to an end of my primary school career. To share the exciting life we have had at primary school, we all created memoirs. Now memoirs are special memories of a special time you have had. We have all written our planners for our memoirs and have now finished our final piece. I hope you enjoy reading my memoir and I hope it really takes you back to my special time.

Being told that you were going to a new school the next year was really devastating for me.
I loved the school I was in and I didn’t want it to closed. But when I heard we were emerging with
another school and becoming one. I was interested because it meant that I was meeting new people.
I wasn’t the most social person back then, I only had the friends that I had made and had been with
since I was 5. It was a real struggle for me because I had no clue how to talk to people and how to
make a real conversation.


On the first day at St Francis I was really nervous because I was going into a school where I only
new half the people. The rest were complete strangers for me. I didn’t really talk to many other people
on the first day because I didn’t really know how. As the year went on I let my talent of music out, that
was when people started noticing me not just as a student in the same school but an actual person.
I still didn’t really talk to many people, I would just look and talk to myself. How am I gonna talk to these
people??


The next year I was in a completely different hub so even more new people. Uhhh this was a pain. I
wasn’t any good at talking to the people the year before how am I gonna do it now. The only way I
could try was to put myself out there and just do it. It started when we had our yr 7/8  camp. This was the
best part of 2017 I was able to talk to people, I got to know the people in my cabin and who they really
were. Not just a person in the distance but a person with a personality, a personality that became really
easy to talk to. Through this camp I started talking to new people but it was pretty hard because I really
was only limited to the people in my cabin and in my activity group. Any of the other times were at our
meal times. I definitely didn’t have the courage to just sit with random people.

This year it really has changed for me, I am now with the people I started with at the school so all the
faces were familiar. I have really gone out of my comfort zone and just talked to everyone. I have
become friends with so many people, this has been amazing. I have gotten to know people and who
they are. I have really enjoyed our trips that we have gone on because it all gave me an opportunity to
talk to different people. I am now coming to the end of my primary school journey and I am really looking
forward to high school because I will only know about 20 people there .

Whats your favourite memory??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...