Wednesday 1 November 2017

What the Kaupeka Hub is all About.

This blog is all about our hub and what we do. We have 66 people in our hub and that is including me. In our learning we work in rooms that are set by us. In literacy time we choose what type of writing we want to do and go from there. Our classrooms are set out so that our teachers can see us in the class and we can see them. In our school we do things differently, like we use chrome books in our everyday life. We use them to do writing and go onto websites so we can learn more.
Most days in our hub are the same but some are different and that can confuse most of us. The teachers needed a way to show us what we were doing everyday, the teachers created our timetables and I think that it has helped a lot.  Every term we have a different topic for PBL, my personal favourite would be the political PBL, which we completed last term. I liked it so much because it was like an election that New Zealand was having. I liked how we got to learn more about politics because I knew nothing. In learning we should have learnt the normal skills and more for what a year 7/8 leader should have when they go off to high school. For example we have learnt languages and PE.
In the hub I like space 2 because the layout is amazing and it feels a lot like home. Through this year in the year 7/8 hub my proudest moment would be becoming the Student Prime Minister of the school because we did the election and my party won. I think that this school provides amazing opportunities to learn more things you don't know. This school has given me a lot of knowledge about almost everything.

What are some similarities and differences about your classroom/hub/school?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte.

    Like you I also have started to feel comfortable with the new layout for our hub, but to make it feel like a real home I wouldn't mind adding a few beds to the spaces!
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...