Thursday 30 November 2017

Back to Camp

On Tuesday the 28th of November some of the Kaupeka students went back to camp to finish the activities that we missed last time. My group went because I had missed out on Abseiling. The activities were cancelled the first time because the rain became to dangerous for us to go outside and do water activities.

When we drove back up to Camp I was welcomed by the person who was taking us on the experience (Koryn). While I waited for the rest of my group to arrive I got ready into my harness, when they had finally arrived we all got our helmets and harnesses on and we were on our way. We all know that when we don't know what we're doing we have to have a safety briefing.

After all that, we started Abseiling, firstly when we started it was hard to go down the waterfall because I didn't trust the harness that it was going to hold me. As we got to the last waterfall I felt like a pro because I could trust the harness and I had a bit of practise. I think that this day was really enjoyable and I would like to go back there soon.

Have you ever been on camp, where have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...