Tuesday 28 August 2018

The War between the Teachers and the government

As you may know last week the teachers at my school and other teachers went on strike. This was pretty cool for the students because they weren't really involved but we got to have a day off school! Although the teachers didn't end up winning, I think that they were pretty gutsy that they were stepping up and going against the government for what they felt was right. 

Going on strike can be pretty scary because you have no idea what's going to happen, there were hundreds of teachers that turned out in Christchurch. Man it was a big crowd. I think that this strike was pretty cool because the teachers were stepping up for what they needed and wanted to become right. My teachers told us that they were striking because they do too much work and they don't get enough time for us. They want to have more time to teach the students so that they can help them learn.

I thought that this was really cool because at the moment I thought the teachers were just there to teach us and not to learn more about the students itself. It was really nice to know that the teachers care about us and how we are really feeling.

What did you think about the teacher strike??

3 comments:

  1. Hey Charlotte!
    I feel the same way about teachers, they're everything from a mini mother/father to a best friend and deserve money. Although, I was really excited to get the day off! This blog post was easier for me to read as it didn't have very long paragraph
    Eloise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment about my paragraphs before, it has really helped with my blogs.

    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see you reflecting on what you knew about the strike and how the issues impact you personally. It is also great to see that you are really thinking about catchy titles. A next step for this blog would to be to do further research to have numbers back up your statements.

    ReplyDelete

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...