Tuesday 28 August 2018

Frightening feeling you get when you do your speech

You know the feeling you get when you have your speech. Yeah that one! I know no-one wants to have a flashback on that feeling. I'm only talking about it because I've had the feeling recently because we had speeches. 

The thought of doing speeches in front of a massive crowd of people really freaks me out, the feeling I usually get is butterflies in my stomach can get really close to throwing up. You get really nervous before your speech but if you just breathe and get on with it, it's not so bad. I mean I did my speech and before I started speaking I almost fell over. My hands and legs were shaking, I started talking and it calmed me because what I was saying was coming from the heart and it was what I believed in. 

I finished my speech and man it was a relief, the annoying part was that I was selected for the next level in the speeches so I had to do that speech all over again. As you already may know I had the feeling again!!!

When you did speeches what feelings do you have before it started??

My Speech



2 comments:

  1. Awesome to see you making efforts to connect with your audience Charlotte. Congratulations on making it through to the Rotary Speech Competition. Have you thought about what you could add as a DLO to this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte,
    I totally know this feeling as I have anxiety. It's so great that you did your speech! I definitely know that it can be hard to talk infront of everyone confidently. Congrats!
    Eloise :)

    ReplyDelete

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...