Wednesday 31 October 2018

Surprising yourself in athletics

Last week our school hosted our athletics, I personally love doing athletics although I'm not very good at it. When we did our athletics it started pouring with rain, I love the rain so I didn't mind getting wet and cold. 

The girls started with sprints and long distance, I came second in both my heats and I came sixth overall. We then went off to do our field events, I was really excited for them because they all didn't involve much running. In long jump I was jumping as far as I could and on my second jump i slid and landed on my bum. I was really surprised that I got 3.35 metres on my second because I fell over. In all my other events I tried my best but didn't do anything magnificent in them.

Overall I came second in the long jump and I'm pretty happy I did. I am really excited for zones and I can't wait to get better at long jump and practice.  

What's you best event in athletics??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...