Monday 21 May 2018

Cross Country

In the first week of Term 2 my school ran cross country. I was really nervous at first because I hadn't practiced during the holidays and I wasn't sure how far I could run.

It was day one of Term two, my class was unable to practice for cross country because it was the first day and we were busy doing other education that day. So now I had two days to practice for cross country and I was not up to doing anything, our teachers got my whole class together so that we could do the training together for fitness. Since at our school our field was blocked off by other classes doing fitness so we were unable to go around there for our circuit, the teachers had to decide where we could have our fitness because I had to run 3 km this year and running around the court definitely wouldn't be enough. We then ran through the teacher car park and up the driveway as our circuit, we did about 4 laps of this. That was not far enough for the circuit that we would be doing in two days.

The next day we had some more training but we did it a bit later than the day before, so that we would be able to use our back field for it. The circuit that day was pretty much the same but we did 6 laps in total, it felt a bit more real to what we were doing the next day.

It was the day of cross country and I was ready as I would ever be even though I had only done two training sessions. The whole school walked down to the park where cross country was held, I was pretty nervous. The races started with the year 8 boys and then it was us, it all happened so quickly. We got there, we stretched and then we were getting ready to race. My teacher who ran this event was there at the starting line, telling us that she was just going to go ready.... go. Straight after she had said this we were off, I wasn't ready at all to race but it happened too quickly I couldn't say anything. After my first lap I was pretty tired and I had slowed down a lot to regain my speed at the end but by the end I was too tired I couldn't be bothered to sprint to the end. When we finished I got this card that said 5th. I was so proud of myself for coming 5th but then I realized that I had to go to zones because I came 5th. I congratulated my friends for there achievements and then we got to go and run for the year 0-4's. It was really cute to run with them, to help them when they got tired but I was really tired because I had just run my race. By the end of the day I was really shattered and I enjoyed hanging out with my friends.

Have you done cross country before, if so, how would you describe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...