Monday 21 May 2018

Cross country zones

It had been two weeks after my school had done cross country. I had come fifth in my race, so I was in zones. My teacher had got in all the people that had come in the top 6, she gathered them up and asked them who wanted to go to zones. At the moment I went yeah sure. Man I wished that I hadn't said that.

It was the day of zones and I wasn't ready, I hadn't practised at all and I wasn't up to doing it that day. We got onto the bus and started on our journey to the grounds and it was raining. I really hoped that it was going to be cancelled or postponed. But of course it didn't, we arrived and it wasn't dry anywhere but underneath the trees. So my school all huddled together underneath the trees to keep warm, me and my friends were about to race so we all started getting ready and training for it. But we didn't realise that the boys had started racing and we were training on the track, we all ended up sprinting back to our school. Man that was close, they almost banged into us when we were training. After the boys it was us, I was not ready and I wasn't up to anything. We were off, I started with a jog and I stayed a great pace the whole time. But on my last lap I was really tired so I had slowed down quite a bit, so in the last length the person behind me started sprinting. I was too tired I couldn't be bothered sprinting to the end.

When we had finished and I was walking back I saw my mum just coming in. I told her that I had already raced, she asked me what I came so I said 14th. She was really annoyed that she came at the end of my race and she had missed it all and so was I.

Today was a great experience for me and I was really proud that I didn't walk the track and I was happy that I finished it too.

Have you ever ran 3 km, if so how did you go??

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog post, I understand that you regret doing it...I planned ways on not to do it (falling out of the bus before the race). I ran 4km on my cross country and came around 14th with my friend Jordan Rose.
    Eloise :3

    ReplyDelete

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...